|Pop'n Music 2|
Pop'n Music 2 was the next game in the Pop'n Music Franchise. It came out in 1999 for the Arcade. A while later it received a Playstation variant.
While songs from the previous installment were still present in this one, several new songs were added. The characters were designed by P-CAT.
This installment introduces the new PARTY mode, where several icons appear on the gameplay screen as well as pop-kun notes. Each of the special icons can activate a certain handicap (except for the heart icon which gives a Gauge Up) that lasts for several seconds.
- Nyami: Used for beginner mode
- Mimi: Used for Party mode
- Mary: Used for Normal mode
- King: Used for Excite mode
- Nakajima-San: ?????
- Rave Girl
- Hiroshi Jingu
Characters added to the home versionEdit
- Sutekina Tabla (Wonderful Tabla)
- Hikari no Kisetsu (Seasonal Light)
- LOVE FIRE
- (fly higher than) the stars
- ROSE~ Koibito yo, barairo ni somare (A lover dyed in rose)
- what i want (Euro Mix)
- WHITE BIRDS
- Oedo Hanafubuki (Edo Shower of Blossom)
- Smile the night away
- Habatake, The Great Gambler (Flap your wings, the Great Gambler)
- Love Is Strong To The Sky
- I'm on Fire
- Cherry and Raquel
Added songs for home releaseEdit
- Sabishikute Loneliness
- Give me your pain
- Torikaeshite yaru! ~Again, My Lovely Day~ (I'll reclaim! ~ Again my lovely day ~)
- Uruwashi no Cardigan (The beautiful Cardigan)
- Hashire bun! Bun!
- Prism . Heart
- Miracle Moon (otsukisama ga chuukeikyoku) (the moon is a relay station)
- Don't Disturb
- Bee's Eye
- Theme of Staff roll "Special mix"
- One of the beta characters appearing in this game resembles Don Flamingo from One Piece.